Monday, April 14, 2008

Current Cravings

(I wish one of them was currants...so I could write 'Currant Cravings'....but sadly my cravings do not match my love for cheesy wordplay. Mmmm cheese that reminds me...)

Cottage Cheese.

Do you know what Cottage Cheese is, North American friends? Does this strange lumpy, half-solid, half liquid gross white stuff exist in North America? 

I know that most of the Europeans and NZers reading this (not that I wish to imply most Europeans read my blog, ha! Although, hmm, that would be rather cool. I'll work on that.)...are already retching just thinking about cottage cheese. If you need help achieving a full retch just read my previous post.....or read this totally GROSS new piece of information I discovered at the weekend:

DO NOT READ THIS NEXT BIT IF YOU ARE EASILY REVOLTED OR HAVE NO DESIRE TO HEAR ANOTHER STORY ABOUT BODILY FUNCTIONS:

Saturday morning discovery: A delicious Banana and Honey Milkshake made fresh from all natural ingredients and consumed on an empty stomach (must be empty) will taste EXACTLY the same going down and coming up...as long as it comes directly back up 30 seconds after going down and does not pass GO or collect $200. Interesting, non? Try it yourself kids...

OK, YOU CAN COME BACK IN THE ROOM NOW.

Yes, so back to the Cottage Cheese. Yum. I could eat potfuls for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's also a handy snack. 

I must be on some kind of dairy kick as I am also gazing longingly at yogurt again. (Then eating it, gazing won't fill the tummy, kids!)

(I don't know why I am referring to you as 'kids' today. But it's rather fun so I might keep it up, unless you object. But if you don't object to reading about cottage cheese and puke...you probably don't have a hair-trigger objection reflex to being call 'kids' either. )

Yeah, um, well that's about it. Except for FEIJOAS.

(I should include a link...but I'm too lazy so just google them)

My friend Ella brought a sack of them from her farm the other day. Let the FEIJOA FIESTA begin. I ate about 40. No, really about 40 in 2 days. MMMmmmm FEIJOAS. They are a tropical (?) fruit with this really cute cross shaped heart of smooshy, perfumed yumminess. When smooshed into a drink they look gross (like a glass of snot). But taste divine.

Can you get them in England? Could someone check out the Exotic Fruit section for me? Thanks. My prediction is that they will be the 'next big thing' in desserts in the UK. Um, unless they are already (we haven't lived there for 7 years...the Queen could live in a hot air balloon for all I know). Cos what is up with all the 'fresh fig' desserts going down in Europa? 

I appeal to ALL MY EUROPEAN READERS (all 3 of you) what is up with the fresh figs?

Um, I think I need to go lie down now.

(Oh and sorry for the snot and puke references in this post. I shall try and do better next time.)

(How can I cram in a poop reference too?) 




 

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

hey Adele,

We in the Americas do have Cottage cheese. I happen to love it, and anyone on a "diet" would probably know that is good for Carbs and pretty good for Protien.

I love your posts and I've even read some of your short stories. I didn't know that you wrote. But it makes so much sense now that I know.

Take care Shannon

12:03 PM  
Anonymous one of the kids. said...

You should be happy to know that cottage cheese is, as Shannon said, here. :) I enjoy it with raisins. Odd, yet yummy. Old people in the nursing homes seem to love theirs with peaches or pears.? I've never gotten into that. You'd also be happy to know that gatorade also has the same effect as your banana smoothie. :) oh yes! Oh and cottage cheese has the highest amount of protein one can consume in all the dairy products- 12grams. yay!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another north american here... where are the europeans anywayzzzz.... catching up i suppose!!

so to the point.
i LIVED off cottage cheese in university...yup..... cottage cheese, cheese chunks in it, throw in tons of tomatoes... and a drizzle of salad dressing.... and it becomes a lovely meal for any occasion.

yum

i prefer NOT to throw up or think about it... so will not comment on that, but was very thankful that you did not tell some gross story of what is in cottage cheese, how it is made or how it is peed on in the processing... something that would make me never want to eat it again...ya,..so thanks for that!

see you soon
chatty

9:18 PM  
Blogger Eri said...

You've been Blog-Tagged! Thought you might enjoy a little game, so I've passed on the tag. Go check out my blogspot page to see the rules...lublub

9:28 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hello Adele, another baby how exciting, mine are running rings around me, Baby number 2 still wakes 2 or 3 times nearly every night, yuck! she's nearly 10 months. I'm european and have never heard of the funny fruit or an excessive use of figs in desserts?
I remember being big into coco pops, and chocolate milk when i was pregnant with both my girls, also mini cheddars and egg sandwiches.
the smell of parsnips made me want to puke though, and as an effect of using them during labour or just after, so does melon lip balm and coconut bath milk, (heave).

1:40 PM  
Blogger Eri said...

ADELE SPUNKYBUM RICHARDS. Just WHERE are the rest of your blog posts? You know, the ones written after April. What? There aren't any? And why the hell not?

I've just added you into my list of 'blogtastic blogs' on Phat Beats, in the hope that any extra visitors I push your way will encourage you to let us all back in to the zany world of Adele, Honour, Dave and Invisibaby (speaking of which, when exactly is Invisibaby due?)

I love you lots, you Queen of Auburn Hotness, you! Eri xxx

3:03 AM  
Blogger funnyenough said...

i miss your blogging. badly.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home